R&D Director (Computer Vision)
R&D Director (Computer Vision)
We are looking for an outstanding full-time R&D Director who thrives in a highly cross-functional and closely collaborative environment and leads us to invent the future.
R&D Director will be responsible for the planning, designing, coordinating, monitoring, and execution of all the computer vision-based embedded software development for our future and current people counting sensors. You will design for scale, high accuracy, and low latency, focusing on creating an excellent customer experience.
Join us and be a part of our energetic and highly motivated team located in Ankara!
What are we expecting from you to realize/achieve overall?
- Develop the long-term strategy for your team and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan,
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture which enables us to grow and scale quickly,
- Deliver high-quality products on time and with high visibility, within budget and with competitive features to generate organic growth,
- Understand how all elements of the software ecosystem work together and where developing/engineering/testing approaches fit in the overall strategy,
- Deliver releases and updates at a regular basis within the team and to leadership,
- Manage engineering resources who drive the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and establish best practices such as Agile/Scrum,
- Manage departmental resources, hiring, mentoring & enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team,
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
Are you matching yourself with the below requirements?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a top university,
- 3+ years of practical experience with cutting-edge technologies in computer vision and image processing,
- Hands-on embedded software development experience using C / C++,
- 3+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
- Solid training and hands-on experience in geometric computer vision including camera calibration, stereo & multi-camera vision, object & activity recognition, multi-object tracking,
- Hands-on experience in building a hardware product from scratch,
- Goal-oriented, innovative and problem solver,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong documentation and writing skills,
- Excellent command of English,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
- Recent experience with computer vision application development and management of a customer-facing application, (engineering and product management/feature definition)
- Strong business and technical vision; an ideal candidate should have shaped an organization or a business unit in a previous experience,
- Knowledge in low-level hardware interface and control,
- Experience in communication protocols such as MQTT, Https, Wi-Fi, BLE, TCP/IP,
- Hands-on experience in a high-level programming language such as Python, Java,
- Hands-on experience in a low-level programming language such as C, C++,
- Hands-on experience in ARM cortex,
- Linux OS experience,
- Experience in funded/non-funded R&D projects,
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning,
- Familiarity with OpenCV, git, GitHub, PyTorch, TensorFlow.